Fall craft roundup!
We’ve always been a rather crafty family. Kids and crafts go together like peanut butter and jam. There is a lot to love about crafting where kids are concerned.
a) Kids are free to be creative and work without constraints
b) Kids love to make a mess I also think it’s good for their wee brains, and their hearts (if you know what I mean.)
I have been keeping a list of small crafty projects that I wanted to share with you.
- Apple dolls remixed – I would like to make a bunch of these and display them outdoors, speared onto long sticks or the tines of a pitchfork in the style of medieval apple people. I wonder, however, if someone is likely to stab themselves with a carving instrument. Hmm.
- Corn husk dolls
- Rock bugs and other creatures
- Crocheted nature necklace (so pretty!)
- Woven paper pumpkin
- Leaf rubbings- Pressed leaves would also be pretty in between two layers of clear contact paper. It might make a cool placemat too!
Wouldn’t this leaf be pretty pressed between two layers of clear contact paper? I see fall placemats in our future!
- Flapping bat
- Salt dough ghosts
- Shadow puppets
- Gingerbread skeletons (I love these!)
- And hoo boy, check out this spider’s nest I found on Pinterest!
Got any fall crafts to add to the list? Please share!
- Posted in: