My Used Christmas
Not sure how appealing that sounds, now that I am typing it out, but the thing is, I’m REALLY excited about it.
What is a ‘Used Christmas’?
Well, essentially, I’ve spent time over the past few months buying up great deals and items I KNOW my girls would like to have, at prices far far far FAR below what they would have cost me new. So basically they will be getting ‘new-to-them’ presents that have been formerly loved.
And I’m perfectly fine with that. Here’s why:
- My wallet is so very VERY thankful. That’s $930 saved! $930!
- The items look great, still function, and if I didn’t tell you, you wouldn’t know they had been used before. Well, that and they aren’t all in original packaging but does anyone notice? And further to that, I pretty much loathe the packaging that requires several tools and an hour of time to open.
- None of these things are going into the garbage. THIS is a key point, my friends. If you can still use it, why toss it? The items aren’t going into the garbage NOR is the packaging, and that’s fabulous.
- My girls won’t even know the difference, and even if they did, for the reasons stated above, I want them to appreciate them nonetheless. I love the idea that they learn it doesn’t have to be new to be valuable. The toss-away consumerism that is so prevalent doesn’t have to be the rule in our house.
- The stuff is ALREADY assembled. Wipe it down to be sure it’s germ-free and voila – ready to play.
- Community. I get to know the people I buy from. I hear about how their kids loved the items. I meet people from all backgrounds. I get to know who takes great care of their stuff and who to buy from. And I sell to them too. Sharing is caring my friends!
Cool toys, cool prices
So, as of today, what could you get off your local UsedEverywhere.com site that would be ideal for Christmas? Well let’s just see…
How about a cool solid wood art table with two matching benches for only $60 found on UsedOttawa.com?
Like my previous doll house transformation blog, perhaps you want to put your own stamp on a fabulous and unique newly refurbished doll house? Here’s one that’s a blank canvas ready for transformation – and they are only asking $50, again on UsedNanaimo.com.
Or maybe you just need to save money on some Bratz dolls clothing and accessories or get a full size Foosball table…the possibilities are ENDLESS on our sites right now. Nintendo DSI for only $50. LEGO….lots of Lego. Like this one, a Star Wars Pre-Vizlas Mandalorian Fighter on UsedVictoria.com. That’s cool, right?
So…what do you think? Could YOU have a Used Christmas?
Use our Useful Links below to head over to the kids’ toy categories on our main sites. And don’t forget, you can probably make some dollars on our sites by sorting through your own old toys and collectibles and selling what you don’t use anymore. Check out our blog post: Make Room for Christmas for some selling tips.