Shopping for furniture, Used style
We are in the midst of a very large renovation at the moment. We’re adding a sizeable addition off the back of our wartime home. Thankfully, things have been going very well and we’ve made good progress. The basement has been dug out, and some of the interior walls are gone. The first floor is mostly framed, and now they’re onto the second floor. It’s exciting to watch the progress, and it amuses me to come home and find something like this:
Goodbye tiny bathroom!
We’re spending a lot of cash on this reno so we are looking for other places we can save our pennies. For this reason we will be purchasing most of our new furniture gradually, either waiting for great deals as they come up or shopping Used. Buying this way is a great way to save some money and add personality to our living space.
I’m thinking way ahead here (considering we don’t really even have walls yet,) but there are quite a few really neat pieces on UsedOttawa right now.
- I really like these sideboards with glass doors. Sadly, I just can’t think of where we’d put them. Hmm.
- Check out these interesting walnut stools. Wouldn’t they be neat painted in tangerine or turquoise? I can totally see these in the kids rooms.
- This simple maple-framed mirror is pretty. It might be good for the new powder room.
- This antique hallway table would make a great place to drop keys and mail when we walk in the front door.
- This would make a really neat games table for the basement, but I would paint the top chalkboard black like this one. (Isn’t that neat?)
- I’m a sucker for old desks. This one would be nice in my daughter’s room if it was painted a different colour and paired with a cool chair.
There’s so much to do, and so little time! I do like to browse the Used site for ideas though. It’s kind of like a treasure hunt, don’t you think?